Monday, December 10, 2018

30 Paintings in 30 Days

I'm so grateful for the studio and all the wonderful artists who come in to work here . No one has a better job than me. Honestly I cannot remember one day that I left the studio and felt mad or stressed- other that some security issues which  hopefully have resolved.

But as I go back and look at my entries there is this continued complaint that I'm always making. It goes, "I'm teaching so much, I'm not painting." Blah, Blah Blah....back for years. This year it really got to me with the passing of my Mom and the move to Long Beach. So TODAY I am starting a 30 paintings in 30 day. (minus Christmas and New Year's Day).


oil on canvas 8" x 8"

Last week I had an amazing afternoon at the Pasadena Museum of History. There was a little painting from 1918 done at about this same location - breakers hitting the beach and the Palos Verdes Peninsula in the background.  Today it was one of those monochromatic days in Long Beach. Not too cold to paint but just gloom until I stood out there a while. I'll go back.







No comments:

Post a Comment