Sunday, January 26, 2014

The First Plein Air Sunday


On the last Sunday of every month a nunber of studio students, and friends are joining me to go out painting at various sites around Los Angeles. We went out for the first time today and it was fantastic!
Everyone got something. The weather was a little weird. Sun and warm temperatures were forecast but it actually rained for about one minute- a great reminder to bring along extra clothes.
My batteries died and I didn't get good photos of everyone's work but Elizbeth took a photo of mine. I'll get as many images of the others as I can.

Jennifer did three charming paintings. She tarted out with small canvases to get started. The third image is a painted on a 'toned canvas' which means it was painted with a mid-tone venetian red. This is really a good choice because the red is a contrast to the greens of the trees and hills.  





And here is Shana's painting.  Really good attention to the perspective in the foreground buildings and a good representation of the view she had.

Teresa ( Boying)  painted this in acrylic and it has a modern impressionist style.







Our next meeting will be on February 23 at 1pm. I'll let you know the location by mid month.
If you are not on the mailing list just let me know and I'm happy to add you .



No comments:

Post a Comment