Friday, March 18, 2011

Long Beach and 47th Street is Finished!!

I taught in Murrieta this morning then had two cancellations this afternoon. It gave me the chance to rest a bit even thought I'll be out a little at the end of the month. Not good. But I do have lots of good signal box work.

On Monday I finished the box at 47th and Long Beach Blvd. I just love this neighborhood. People are freindly and interested and universally positive about having public art in on their streets.
These are photos from my iphone. The staff fro the insurance office were hospitable and I had visits from our public officials, Councilmember Rae Gabelich visited and another man from public works that said a recent national meeting on signal boxes concluded that murals such as these actually save the city money because they tend not to get defaced. Who knew?
and one more from far away

No comments:

Post a Comment